1.2K views

Installed (2) of these in Nov 2014. Both went out this year - 2017.

Product was supposed to last until 2024. There were more expensive than the traditional 9V ones. They have a sealed battery and cannot be serviced. .

Purchased at Home Depot. Alarm would not stop chirping and the deactivate switches had to be used to stop the noise. This doesn't reset them, it turns them off for good then they are not reusable. Alarm would not stop chirping and the deactivate switches had to be used to stop the noise.

This doesn't reset them, it turns them off for good then they are not reusable. Kind of annoying right?

Review about: First Alert P1210 Smoke Detector.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

I installed about a dozen first alert 1210's in my house and a couple of our rental units. I did it three months ago.

The first one just went off for no reason.

What a pain...I hope I kept my receipts. At least I got them at costco

same thing... dated 2016 started beeping in 2018

mine lasted about 2 years. i bought 2 from costco as well. i am p.o.'d!!!

First Alert Model P1210 installed March 2015. In March 2018 started beeping sporadically, even after cleaning and moving to a different location. Four other smoke detectors in the house (other brands) are still behaving.

I purchased 3 of these alarms in 2016, and 2 of them are not working now. Less than 2 years old - pathetic. Save your money and invest in another brand.

FIRST ALERT P1210We got two years of questionable service almost to the day before the alarm started beeping and would not stop even after leaving it outside all night. Back to 9v for us.

I had one fail after only one year and First Alert replaced it. 6 months later that one was bad also.

I just replaced it with a different type this time because I certainly didn't want another P1210. Junk product.

These alarms go off for no reason and do not last more than a year. Replaced them

Same problem, except mine failed after only 3 months! The alarm would come on (and then go off) at odd moments.

Same problem - mine are two years old and dead. Did anyone get them replaced

Same problem 2014 dared and chirping Does the manufacture refund you