Los Angeles, California
2.0

December 2015, we purchased 8 new hardwire/combo detectors from big box store to replaced in apartment building units. Within 6 months, the new detectors started chirping. We replaced batteries, nothing worked.

I called First Alert customer service August 2016 and was told units manufactured before May 2011 had expiration dates of 5 years from date of manufacture.

So, big box stores were selling near end shelf life of product that should have been pulled and NOT sold. First Alert will not help me because I cannot produce receipt (which was submitted for 2015 tax filing). We are out nearly $350 which does not sit well with me.

Review about: First Alert Sc9120b Smoke Detector.

Reason of review: Product sold was at its end of shelf life.

Preferred solution: Send 8 replacement untis.

I didn't like: Customer service unhelpful.

Had an Experience with First Alert?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion

Lorextechnology Customer Service Lorex "The lorextechnology has a Terrible customer service. the reps hardly speak English and and read lines from manuals or some other sources. they have no idea how to help. for..." Read more AlarmMonitoringServices.com is a fraudulent company. AlarmMonitoringService " STAY AWAY FROM SCAMMERS. Alarmmonitoringservices.com is a fraudulent company. We did a chargeback becuase they kept billing us after we cancelled their "service" and is...no service and they suck...." Read more Melaleuca Security - My sensors fell off too in 2012 ... Melaleuca Security "When I purchased my security system in 2012, my sensors fell off also so I used tape and glue. That worked. I did not like the long term contract, but..." Read more Fjc Security Security Guard Review Fjc Security "4-12 shift is a joke don't wear uniforms, be sleeping, listening to music with head phones on, watching movies. No supervision and they retaliated in write ups. Pictures don't lie..." Read more Metropcs - Horrible Service, Customer Service & Experience Metropcs "Worst phone service provider I have ever used. The service is horrible the phone CCRS will place on hold 15 mins consecutive without even checking back in and make you..." Read more Mor Furniture For Less - Horrible customer service and failure to deliver promises Mor Furniture For Less "If I could give negative stars I would. I will NEVER BUY from Mor again. We were told that if the furniture ripped for any reason it would be covered...." Read more Proactiv - Not satisfied Proactiv "Hi just need to know ,how come u are calling proactiv that the best product ever and actually is damiging the towel , feel like they are using clor on..." Read more Danger! Must Cure Obesity Company giving dangerous medical advice and selling fake products Must Cure Obesity Co "Be careful out there consumers with this company and it's sister companies Gastric.care, Gastric Bypass Alternative, and Roca Labs. I am a healthcare professional and was asked by a patient..." Read more