2.0

December 2015, we purchased 8 new hardwire/combo detectors from big box store to replaced in apartment building units. Within 6 months, the new detectors started chirping. We replaced batteries, nothing worked.

I called First Alert customer service August 2016 and was told units manufactured before May 2011 had expiration dates of 5 years from date of manufacture.

So, big box stores were selling near end shelf life of product that should have been pulled and NOT sold. First Alert will not help me because I cannot produce receipt (which was submitted for 2015 tax filing). We are out nearly $350 which does not sit well with me.

This reviewer shared experience about "product sold was at its end of shelf life" and wants this business to "send 8 replacement untis" as the author lost $350. The author is overall dissatisfied with First Alert and uploaded picture s. The most disappointing about first alert sc9120b smoke detector from First Alert was customer service unhelpful Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about First Alert.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Home Security category for more informed decision or compare First Alert to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with First Alert?

Comments